Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Inaugural Post

I've always been a dutiful Christian, going to church when I should. Yet I was never a faithful follwer of Jesus.  When it came to faith, I never  got angry, I never cried, I never laughed and I never sang so loudly that someone else could hear me.

All that changed recently. God  called me out of the depths of my sinfulness. I began to get angry, I got tearful, I got to laughing, and I got to singing. These are my thoughts as I am called to transform from a dutiful Christian to become a faithful Follower of Jesus.

By the way, I am an openly gay man who doesn't believe my sexuality keeps me from Jesus' love or His salvation.  God is not calling me to be a new "sexual" being.  He is calling to be a new whole person, wherein the mystery of Grace and the messiness of being human intersect in one person. If that turns you off reading this, please find another blog.  If you agree with me, that's great, I'd love to hear from you.  But if you disagree with me and you still keep reading, thank you. You're my audience.  Walk with me, I do not know where I am being led, but I trust in Him who leads me.  For now, that is enough.

No one on Earth will come between me and God's love.  No one on earth can tell me to turn my back on those I love and who love me.  So please don't try.

Grace, Peace and Abundance are with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment